On November 12 and 13, Coopérative Kleros will hold an online conference titled "Decentralized Justice: Law in the Age of Memes, Crowds and Blockchain".
Law is evolving and the times of COVID have accelerated this evolution. While courts are moving ever faster online, the legal space is adapting to these new circumstances.
After the world's first academic conference on decentralized justice at Leicester University this January, and the second conference held at the Sorbonne in March, we are excited to invite you to "Decentralized Justice: Law in the Age of Memes, Crowds and Blockchain".
This digital conference will cover all the themes of decentralized justice and the recent developments at Kleros, while at the same time creating a vibrant space for the entire community to gather around and discuss how these key governance systems will function in the new normal.
The event will be free of charge and you can register and follow the updates via Eventbrite here.
The Decentralized Justice Hackathon
As part of the conference, a hackathon will take place between Thursday, November 12 at 00:00 UTC and Sunday, November 15 at 23:59 UTC, with a reward pool of $10,000 in PNK for the best arbitrable dapp developed in this time.
The propositions of the hackathon are:
- Teams will be able to register at the form here until November 12.
- The goal will be to develop proof-of-concept arbitrable dapps or rudimentary applications connected to the Kleros protocol.
- The projects will need to be submitted to GitHub before the hackathon deadline on November 15 at 23:59 UTC.
- The projects will be analyzed by members of the Kleros team and a winner of the contest will be decided.
- The first prize will be $10,000 in PNK.
- The best teams and their ideas will be promoted via Kleros social media channels.
- The winners of the contest will be announced on Monday, November 16.
- Use this document for inspiration, if needed.
We're looking forward to seeing you all online on November 12 and 13 to celebrate the coming of the adventures into the new world!
Register here now!
Where Can I Find Out More?
Join the community chat on Telegram.
Visit our website.
Follow us on Twitter.
Join our Slack for developer conversations.
Contribute on Github.
Download our Book